Re: race issue on configure

On 2017-01-10 07:07, cyg Simple wrote:
> On 1/10/2017 9:02 AM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>>> This is caused by your AV scanning the recently created
>>> conftest.exe and the fact that since the AV has it open it cannot
>>> be deleted and a new one created. Instruct your AV to ignore your
>>> work directory.
>> It is instructed to do so by long time within the limit of
>> corporate settings...
> Maybe new policy enforcement by corporate. The only time I've seen
> this issue is related to AV having the conftest.exe file open.

May also be opened by background Windows Search/Cortana/... for
indexing and/or that may be causing it to be rescanned - I had
similar problems solved after disabling those search services.

Run Resource Monitor from bottom of Task Manager/Performance tab
and watch Disk Activity pane ordered by File for interfering
processes, and kill them if safe, disable if standalone service.

If it's svchost or AV process, search if you can bypass or
disable those actions or directories, or request a custom policy
for your userid or systems as it's interfering with work.

Security interfering with work tends to get fixed to allow work
to be done: a lot of security policies interfere with development
work, and have to be bypassed.
It would be better and easier for all if they packaged the
security policy bypasses with the development tool installs.
I've had to jump thru a few corporate hoops to keep things kosher
and simplify updates and use: it's often easy these days for
developers to add zero cost, email/web supported packages to
corporate tracking systems with yourself as in-house support:
YMMV. ;^>