Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: libreadline7-7.0.1-1, libreadline-devel-7.0.1-1, bash-4.4.5-1

On 1/15/2017 8:23 AM, Vince Rice wrote:
>> On Jan 14, 2017, at 6:27 PM, Steven Penny <svnpenn@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 15:47:57, Eric Blake wrote:
>>> Okay, so you've isolated the problem to readline.  In all likelihood, it
>>> is an unintentional upstream regression; now we need to figure out what
>>> is causing the change in behavior.
>>
>> I would like to make it very clear that I will not be digging around in the
>> readline source code to fix this. I think I have gone above and beyond in
>> diagnosing this for you, so if you can take over it would be much appreciated.
>
> It's times like this I wish CGF were still here…

Yes, being blunt about open source is everyone's responsibility,
including Steven Penny's, was a knack he had down pat.  Steven is just
plain rude with his expectations of others free time and his
paid-for-support model of expectations.  Steven, bullying your way
around this list is likely to get you band from it and it certainly
isn't appreciated that you *expect* others to do work you're not willing
to do.  It is this expectation that others do the work that you freely
use that is the problem.  So let's make it very clear we will not bend
over backward to resolve issues you *demand* to be fixed without
acknowledgement of others free time to do so.  Willingness to help is
the best thing you can offer even if you must decline to do so.

--
cyg Simple