Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: dash-0.5.9.1-1

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 22:15:37, "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" wrote:
Since making a change of this magnitude is going to be an undertaking, we
should be sure we're going to see the intended benefits before enduring the
pain such a change would bring, though hopefully that pain would be
short-lived and/or minor. :-)

I am open to others debunking my previous test with other/better tests, but from
where I sit the benefit can be clearly seen. Not just with script times, but
startup time will see a 2-3 fold increase as well. This can be hugely helpful
with situations like using Autotools (configure), where "sh" is spawned hundreds
of times.

I have done heavy testing "living" with Dash. Between my repos I have over 80
Dash scripts, with usage going back to 2015:

http://github.com/svnpenn/a/commit/b4908b7