find / without traversing /proc

The command "find /" takes forever, if it completes at all, because of the
need to traverse the induced directory /proc. Is this directory often
needed by users? Can it be skipped by setting up "export CYGWIN=something",
or even by default, with the requirement on the user to induce it if needed?
There seems to be no switch to the command find that would easily allow
"but not this subdirectory": if there was, I wouldn't be asking. Quite a
lot of surfing led me to
$ find / \( -wholename /proc -o -wholename /dev \) -prune -o -print
which is really heavyweight syntax for a simple requirement. I am pretty
certain it leads to the behaviour required "do not traverse" though various
posters seem to think it just leads to "traverse but do not report" saving
almost nothing.
Assuming the syntax is correct, I have not been able to incorporate any
qualifiers such as -type d or -type f or -type l. Any ideas where to slot
these so that they work?

https://link.mail2web.com/mail2web