Re: Memcache/d (Orig: Re: Composer segfault on multiple configurations)

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 12:11 AM, Richard H Lee wrote:
> On 25/05/2017 08:50, Sky Diver wrote:
> PHP 5.5.9, PHP 5.6.2 on Cygwin?
> Were they even released on Cygwin?
Sure did. Requires a bit of digging through the "cygwin time machine"
archive but they are all there.

> Unfortunately, I think memcache is a separate package from php and it would
> not be compiled in by cygports.
Due to an accident, I happened to delete my entire C:\cygwin\bin
directory a few days back when installing and re-installing various
cygwin versions.
Currently I can't get Memcache to work anymore, but I definitely had
Memcache-related code running under cygwin with no problems.

> For most websites memcache/d is optional. If the website detects that
> memcache/d is not present during setup, it simply does not use it.
I agree with that and I guess the fastest solution would be to use
Memcache (or Memcachd or apc_*()) if present or ignore if it's not.

Thank you.