Re: cygwin cross-compiler on linux host

On 5/28/2017 11:13 AM, Dan Kegel wrote:
> On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 6:46 AM, Michele <michele.bucca@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I know Windows XP it is now unsupported by cygwin and I apoligize for making such a question, but let's suppose I want to make a cross-compiler targeting a newer supported version of windows what should i do? Let's remember that I'm using Debian as host and the Windows system is the target :)
>
> What's wrong with mingw/MSYS?

MSYS is nothing more than Cygwin and has nothing to do with the answer.

> Debian supports cross-compiling using

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=debian+windows+cross+compile

Or if you want to target Cygwin

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=debian+cygwin+cross+compile

> that, and the shell it comes with is deployable to windows xp, I
> think.

As long as you use only the XP supported API.  Otherwise it isn't likely
to work either.

--
cyg Simple