Re: XLanuch.exe is a Trojan-It allows remote control of my pc without my knowledge or permission

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 3:02 PM,  <bzs@theworld.com> wrote:
> I would also think about X11 permissions. Someone might be scanning
> for activity on port 6000 (&c) and if they find something and it's not
> locked down (see for example 'xhost(1)') it's trivial to just launch
> X11 apps on your system which can cause all sorts of mischief.

Also note that Xlaunch starts the X server, and can supply the
commandline option needed to listen for connections on TCP.
Maybe you put that in by accident while following some tutorial?

It'd be interesting to see who's trying to connect to your
machine via port 6000.  Maybe run wireshark and listen for a while?