Re: Git without SSH Server and cygrunsrv

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 12:35:13PM +0700, mlists wrote:
> Thank you for the explanation Adam.
>
> Last question: How much more is the workload for maintaining a "splitted
> package"?
>
> I understand I can contribute with patches but if it would increase the
> workload for the maintainers, then I think there's no point in doing it.

Once the patch is submitted and tested, it's effectively zero extra
work.  Yaakov has now submitted a patch for this, so I just need to
test that works as expected (and in particular nothing non-p4 related is
obviously broken if the new git-p4 package isn't installed), then I'll
be able to publish it.

As I've said elsewhere, my time as Git maintainer is currently focused
on getting the latest upstream release working on Cygwin at all, so it
may be a short while before I can do the testing, but it will hopefully
happen soon...

Adam