Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] mysql 10.1.26-1

On Sun, Sep 3, 2017 at 2:46 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz@cygwin.com> wrote:
> This is an update to the latest 10.1 release:

Is there any chance that readline support is going to make a comeback
in mysql? I downloaded the src, changed the readline option in the
cygport file to "-DWITH_READLINE=ON" (it was "OFF") and compiled my
own mysql.exe so that I have access to the much-superior readline
editing (I can't stand being without Ctrl+R searching, Ctrl+_ undo,
etc, etc), but it would be nice if it was a default part of each
release.

Aside: it's too bad the cygport file doesn't seem to have a way to
mention all the packages required for a build. I waded through the
cmake output and installed all of the following (I already had things
like gcc installed) -- hopefully this will help someone:

cmake, openssl-devel, libncurses-devel, libpcre-devel,
libgcrypt-devel, libiconv-devel, libxml2-devel, liblzo2-devel,
liblzma-devel, liblz4-devel, libbz2-devel, bison, libreadline-devel

..wayne..