Re: Which is it -pc- or -unknown-

On 10/20/2017 6:47 PM, Steven Penny wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 15:53:28, cyg Simple wrote:
>> I appreciate what Yaakov does but I bet these are not built in native
>> Cygwin mode so a host must be supplied.  In native mode the default is
>> typically used and currently it doesn't match the expected host
>> environment.
>
> Really this discussion boils down to a single question:
>
> What does not patching this break?

As Yakoov has already pointed out, nothing is broken.

> Currently the answer is nothing, per my previous post:
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2017-10/msg00227.html
>
> so the onus is not on Yaakov or whoever, the onus is on you to answer that
> question. Until then, you are breathing air that is not cold.

Changing the default does improve the speed of configure because
configure no longer needs to execute GCC to figure out where the build
files are.  Yes the time saved is small but time is expensive so any
saving is a big deal, especially with such a small change.

--
cyg Simple