Re: Cygwin on Win10 much slower than Win7

On 2 November 2017 at 12:44, Nellis, Kenneth
<Kenneth.Nellis@conduent.com> wrote:
> From: cyg Simple

>> > There could be a real issue here, but for what it's worth I haven't
>> > noticed such extreme slowdown.  But I don't have a Windows 7 machine
>> > to compare to.  I upgrade the one I'm on now from Windows 7 to Windows
>> > 10 over a year ago, so if there ever was a difference maybe I just got
>> > use to it and didn't notice.
>> >

>> Maybe a network drive connection timeout issue.  Are all of the drives
>> that were mapped in Win7 still reachable in Win10?
>>
>> > I don't recall any major issues when I first upgraded either though
>> > ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>> >

>> I don't recall any either.
>>
>> --
>> cyg Simple
>
> Yes, I dismounted all but one and same network drive on both machines,
> and got the same results. The (faster) Win7 machine's network drive is
> connected over WiFi while the (slower) Win10 machine over Gbit Ethernet,
> which would seem to favor the slower machine. I hadn't mentioned that
> the timing tests were all performed on my internal C: drives, so don't
> think that network drives would be a factor.

One thing that might also help is how to duplicate what you are
testing. Even without having network drives etc it could be useful for
people to see if they are seeing speed differences or if there is
something else.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.