Re: sort utility goes berzerk (x86_64)

On Nov 28 08:21, Houder wrote:
> On 2017-11-25 14:23, Houder wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Anyone seeing this as well? sort goes berzerk on my system when piped
> > into
> > head (or less) when it is fed with a 'specially prepared' input file.
> >
> >  - only happens on x86_64
> >  - does not happen for 'LC_COLLATE=C sort tt | head'
> >
> > 'specially prepared' input file? (see bottom of post).
>
> Anyone ** NOT ** seeing this?

Yes.  I just tried it under tcsh and bash with 6000, 8000, and 8150 lines,
and it works for me.  LANG=en_US.UTF-8 implies LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8
but I also set LC_COLLATE explicitely and retried.  sort tt | head
always prints

  abcde    1xxxxx0123456789
  abcde    2xxxxx0123456789
  abcde    3xxxxx0123456789