Re: How to handle changed user ID

Thomas Wolff writes:
> Is there a canonical solution to this problem, other than running chown
> -R $USER ~ ?

Be careful with any recursive option, it can descend into paths you
really don't want it to go.  If what you need to do is any more
difficult than just taking ownership using the new SID, I can recommend
a program called "subinacl", it's a download from Microsoft.

> Can the new user be forced to use the previous user ID?

Not that I know of, no.  A SID will never be reused.

Achim.