Re: setup's response to a "corrupt local copy"

> On Dec 16, 2017, at 11:00 AM, Steven Penny wrote:
>
> On Fri, 15 Dec 2017 09:50:44, Vince Rice wrote:
>> It's my computer. I don't want setup (or anything else) replacing files on it
>> it doesn't know about without at least asking whether that's what I want it to
>> do. Setup's current behavior is exactly what it should be, IMO. If, as has
>> been mentioned, someone wants to offer an *option* to replace, either with or
>> without a question, then great. But the default should be to leave something
>> it doesn't know about alone.
>
> Thankfully we dont need your opinion on this matter, as we can simply fall back
> to facts, as I will now do. Let us bring some sanity to this thread, shall we?

No, you never need any opinion that is in conflict with yours. I'm not going to
argue with you for a variety of reasons, not least because the decision is not
yours. You have shown you don't care what anyone else thinks on this or any
other issue, and believe me, the feeling is reciprocated. I offered my thoughts
for the people whose decision this really is, and I leave it with them.