Re: qsort_r argument order

Hi,

But looking at the BSD version, it couldn't be designed worse. Passing the caller provided argument as first instead of 3rd argument means that e.g. you have to have 2 implementations of qsort*.

Yes, sometimes compatibility comes at a price.

From my perspective as a general unix developer, the relevant point is
that qsort_r is now difficult to use in my code. I may even just end up shipping my own version whose interface I can depend on, so all that clever design work may have been for nothing.

cheers,
dustin.