Monday Patch Queue Review update (2021-10-18)

Noah Goldstein goldstein.w.n@gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 15:20:18 GMT 2021

On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 11:04 AM Carlos O'Donell via Libc-alpha
<libc-alpha@sourceware.org> wrote:

> Most recent meeting status is always here:
> https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/PatchworkReviewMeetings#Update
>
> Meeting: 2021-10-18 @ 0900h EST (UTC-5)
>
> Video/Audio: https://bluejeans.com/9093064454
>
> IRC: #glibc on OFTC.
>
> Review new patches and restart review at the top.
>
>  * 339 NEW/NOBODY patches in queue.
>  * [v2] elf: Support DT_RELR relative relocation format [BZ #27924]
>   * Need official gABI assignment (Carry Coutant status?)
>    * Needs to be reserved verbally by Carry (Action item)
>    * Required for patch acceptance.
>   * Need BFD port or a released llvm/lld that supports DT_RELR to review patches.
>    * Minimally a 32-bit and 64-bit port that can build glibc and passes regression testing.
>    * Required for patch review.
>   * Official glibc relese with feature?
>    * Need BFD port to support build-many-glibcs to provide testing confidence.
>   * HJ: Would like to see a BFD port before a glibc release with the features.
>    * Sufficient to have a released binutils with DT_RELR also.
>   * Release date of released static linkers with support should be close to glibc release with feature.
>    * When glibc is released users can pick a static linker to test with (binutils or lld).
>  * 317 NEW/NOBODY patches in queue.
>  * Add and use link-test-modules-rpath-link [BZ #28455]
>  * elf: Also try DT_RUNPATH for internal dlopen [BZ #28455]
>   * Needed for change in linker default.
>  * elf: Make global.out depend on reldepmod4.so [BZ #28457]
>   * Existing defect.
>  * 46290: elf: Fix elf_get_dynamic_info() for bootstrap
>   * Needs review.
>  * 45506: [v2] ld.so: Initialize bootstrap_map.l_ld_readonly [BZ #28340]
>   * Needs review to fix valgrind issue with ppc64le.
>  * _FORTIFY_SOURCE=3 improvements
>   * Siddhesh looking for review.
>  * Series 3601: Improve hypot()
>   * Changes requested by Paul Zimmerman.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Carlos.

I missed the meeting but was hoping I could get review for:

[v7] String: Add support for __memcmpeq() ABI on all targets
https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/glibc/patch/20210929151743.3351092-1-goldstein.w.n@gmail.com/