Appointing an official maintainer for LoongArch.

Carlos O'Donell carlos@redhat.com
Mon Aug 22 21:22:17 GMT 2022

Community,

I would like to us to appoint a maintainer for LoongArch.

All ports in glibc should have machine maintainers:
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/MAINTAINERS

The responsibility of the machine maintainer is to test and support
the target machine in upstream glibc. Generally this includes reviewing
architecture specific patches from developers and helping test during
the release freeze.

Given that Caiyin Yu submitted the port I think that they would be
an excellent choice as maintainer.

Caiyin,

Would you be interested in being the glibc maintainer for the LoongArch
machine architecture?

I would be more than happy to help you with any questions you have as
you support the machine port.

--
Cheers,
Carlos.