From: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf Of Larry Hall (Cygwin X)
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2007 10:36 PM
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: FW: X forward question

liang wrote:

> [...]

No.  You're running a MS Windows program that knows nothing about X.
Cygwin's X server will not magically transform the output of Windows
programs into X windows locally or otherwise.

> 9. Before I started my ssh session, I typed display=localhost:0.0
>                                                    Export display after I
> started X server

Don't do this.  It's not needed and it's not correct.

> 10. My sshd server and client are both running on XP professional
> 11. I desparately need to run Rgui on my sshd server from ssh client. I
> didnât install X server on the computer running sshd server.
>
> Do I miss something? Or I am totally wrong. My goal is to run windows
> application on the sshd server from every ssh client (both sshd server and
> ssh client installed XP).

See above.

> 12. I replaced â#X11forward noâ with âX11forward yesâ in the file
> sshd_config on sshd server. But I didnât revise ssh_config  on the ssh
> client machine since I cannot find the file ssh_config under /etc/ folder.
> Please give me some helps. And thank everybody who replyed my email before.

I think you're looking at the wrong software to solve your problem.  If you
just want to run Windows programs on other machines, you can always
try connecting to a shared drive on the server and running the installed
program from the client.  But you're not going to find Cygwin X helps you
do this.

216 Dalton Rd.                          (508) 429-6305 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746