Re: 'run xterm' fails to open a window

Hi!
I have the same kind of issue but with gvim....
however it does work with xterm....

xterm.bat :
c:\cygwin\bin\run -p /usr/X11R6/bin xterm

gvim.bat :
c:\cygwin\bin\run -p /bin gvim

1rst is working... second is launching gvim (ps -a show the process)
but gvim don't open the window....

in all case DISPLAY is correctly set, launching c:\cygwin\bin\gvim in
a cmd.com is working fine, launching the .bat in the same cmd.com
don't print anything but process is started...

any idea?
thanks
JLM

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Florent Fievez <mailing@fievel.be> wrote:
> 2009/11/5 Florent Fievez <mailing@fievel.be>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> First thanks for taking time to answer me, it now works but I don't
>> understand very well why ...
>> However that's not a problem, it's just my mind which like to know ...
>
> Ok, well I understand. When I run with "DISPLAY=:0", it doesn't
> recognize my X server and start rxvt locally. If I kill the X server,
> it also work ...
> But It's not a problem since I can do what I want in this mode.
>
> Best regards,
>
> --

KISS! (Keep It Simple, Stupid!)
(garde le simple, imbÃcile!)
"mais qu'est-ce que tu m'as pondu comme usine à gaz? fait des choses
simples et qui marchent, espÃce d'imbÃcile!"