This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] Delete #if 0'd out code in language.c
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 07:49:56 +0400
- Subject: Re: [patch] Delete #if 0'd out code in language.c
- References: <20111228204834.7E0DC2461C9@ruffy.mtv.corp.google.com>
> 2011-12-28 Doug Evans <email@example.com>
> Delete #if 0'd out code.
> * language.c (binop_result_type): Delete.
> (simple_type, ordered_type, same_type, integral_type): Delete.
> (numeric_type, character_type, string_type, boolean_type): Delete.
> (float_type, structured_type): Delete.
> * language.h: Update.
I wouldn't wait. Any commented out code, especially code that has
been commented out for 10 years, is fair game for instant removal
as an obvious change (IMO). My reason is that it's easy to put back
any part of it should the need arise again.