RE: Compilation of 5.3 on cygwin under Win2000

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, blakjak wrote:

> Now that I have a working version of TK/TCL/ITCL/BISON can I compile
> the latest source of Insight without invoking the new versions of
> TCL/TK/ITCL/BISON/etc.? Obviously I cannot use the main ./configure
> followed by make. What I would like to do is force make to use the
> already compiled versions of TCL/etc. Is this possible without making
> major edits to the large make file created by configure?

That's something that I've been meaning to look at, but have never gotten
around to it. I heard from Martin one day that he was going to look at it,
but I haven't heard anything absolute from him. Actually, I don't think it
would really be that difficult.

> P.S. I am fairly competent at Win API programming but I am not sure
> how this relates to TK/TCL never used it before. I was always
> interested in developing a full C/C++ GUI for GDB. It seems it would
> be a lot easier if the libGDB was up and running. Are you aware of
> the state of that?

libGDB is probably never going to happen unless a project starts which
explicitly requires libgdb AND is willing to put up with the pain of
developing it.

I have been considering lately the idea of rewriting Insight entirely in
C++/gtk, but, alas, I am still considering whether I want to do that or
just start/join some other project. Heaven knows that all this work on
Insight has done nothing for me. (Ok, I lost my hair a lot faster.)