[Patch] libstdc++/28080: do not include <cstdlib>

Chris Jefferson chris@bubblescope.net
Sun Mar 4 17:54:00 GMT 2007

On 04/03/07, Paolo Carlini <pcarlini@suse.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> nothing ground-shaking, but we can easily avoid including <cstdlib> in
> most of the headers - the only exception in the current standard being
> <algorithm> because of rand() - thus removing ~25-30 Kb of junk. I mean
> to apply this in a day or two, the other changes settled a bit more...

Just wanted to point out the (probably obvious) fact that these
patches have lead to a number of my programs not compiling. It's my
fault, I wasn't including every header I needed. I suspect adding a
bit comment in the release notes about this might be a good idea. Of
course, other people might be more careful about exactly what headers
they need than I am :)

Chris