RE: XALAN-C++ Performance...

As a second reference point I have some figures suggesting Saxon is
currently on average about 1.6 times quicker than XalanC over a sample set
of transforms when both use their default way of building an OM. Your result
is a little more than this but within the variance seen on specific
transforms. Libxslt is quicker than XalanC by about 15% on average. However,
these figures have not been externally reviewed so treat with care.

Kev.