This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: run.exe fails to start XWin in Windows 8.1
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: jaakov jaakov <jaakov at ro dot ru>
- Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 17:43:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: run.exe fails to start XWin in Windows 8.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1430595148 dot 25446 dot 15748 dot 6314 at mail dot rambler dot ru>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 02/05/2015 20:32, jaakov jaakov wrote:
While executing the command "Xwin Server" from Windows 8.1, the server
won't start. Apparently, the executed command is
C:\cygwin64\bin\run.exe --quote /usr/bin/bash.exe -l -c "cd;
The file C:\cygwin64\run.exe.stackdump is produced. Instead I expect,
however, an X server process and an xterm window.
On the other hand, starting first "Cygwin64 terminal" does create a text
console shell, and running
from this shell does give me an X server process and an xterm window.
A complete removal of the C:\cygwin64 directory and reinstalling did not
help. Afterwards, reinstalling xinit did not help.
This issue persists for a few months already. Last year, XWin started
Unfortunately, the stackdump in your previous report  didn't quite
contain enough information to investigate this problem. I've made a
small improvement in how the stackdumps are made  since then, so if
you can upgrade and provide the stackdump file, perhaps we can discover
why this crash is happening.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple